Forces is a strategic warfare board game that John and I came up with one day as we watched some Japanese Anime about a band of mercenaries. We wondered “What if there was a game that was simply Army vs. Army, with heroes and officers and everything!” Soon we had some scribbles in notebook pages, and Forces was born. Forces stems the gap between the casual market and more complex tabletop board games. Designed to be intuitive and easy to pick up, the game can be played by those who want to get into tabletop board games, but aren’t sure where to start.
- A dynamically-created battlefield every time you play. Never play on the same board twice!
- Seven “Heroes,” each with unique powers that could turn the tide of battle.
- Red and Blue team “Officers” ready-equipped with Troops to control. Move as a formation, or spread out your forces to attack.
- Terrain types affect the flow of battle. Archers get bonuses in forest and hills, while roads grant foot troops better movement, and more!
- Plans for expansions! City tiles, cliffs, more Heroes…Forces is a game that will grow!
Right now the Forces prototype is on display at Manifest, Columbia College Chicago’s urban arts festival until June 15th, in the Hokin Gallery (623 S Wabash Ave, first floor), along with “Sir Tet”, “Grave Robber”, “Depths” and a demo of “The Susnet.” After the 15th, it will be playable at the Dice Dojo (5550 North Broadway).
Stop by and let us know what you think!